Fall 2016 Graduate Fellowship Recipients
Please note that prior to September 2017, the Center on Global Poverty and Development was known as the Stanford Center for International Development (SCID).
SCID is pleased to announce that five Stanford PhD students have been selected to receive Graduate Student Fellowships in international development. The applicant pool was very strong. Thanks to all who submitted to this call for proposals.
- Andrew Brooks - The Impact of Colonial Militaries on Economic Development
- Hernán Barahona - Quasi-Experimental Evidence on Public-Private Wage Differentials from Brazil
- Joshua Kim - Food Labelling and (Mis)Information: Evidence from the Chilean Industry
- Edgar Franco Vivanco - The Origins of Cooperative Behavior: Evidence from Historical Institutions in Rural Mexico
- Salma Mousa - Overcoming the Trust Deficit: A Field Experiment on Inter-Group Contact in Iraq